Cygwin patch for 1.6.4 [WAS: When is 1.8 going to be released]

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Cygwin patch for 1.6.4 [WAS: When is 1.8 going to be released]
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 21:57:59 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys writes:

>> However, Jan is getting annoyed at having to patch GUILE to get it
>> compiling on cygwin.
>
> I'm not aware of Cygwin patches (which is enterily my fault).

Well, I sent patches for cross compilation and Cygwin just before 1.6:

    http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2002-07/msg00014.html

and they were, with some small modifications, included in HEAD.  So,
strictly speaking there are no pending patches but rather a small
1.6.x annoyance.

It should have been OK for me to patch guile-1.6.x for Cygwin, had it
not been for the fact that my build process for Cygwin included:

    libtoolize --force --copy --automake --ltdl

(using a Cygwin prerelease or libtool CVS), because libtool is under
active development for Cygwin.  This broke when guile included a
modified copy of libtool in 1.6.x.

> Please mail them to me and I'll have a look.

Attached.  The biggest part is the libtool diff, you'll want to skip
that and just look at the small upstream/ltdl*diff instead.

Also note that most of this is in HEAD and some of it has already been
modified again a few months ago.

Greetings,
Jan.