Re: ttn's build system

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: ttn's build system
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 21:39:53 +0100

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

>    From: Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden>
>    Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 16:47:31 +0100
>
>    [ Tom: Thien-Thi Nguyen has written a buildsystem for his Guile branch
>      which uses autoconf, but replaces automake, suing Guile. I intend to
>      make that play well with Arch, akin to your package-framework, so
>      you might be interested in this message ]
>
> i suppose the documentation for 1.4.1.x is unclear (or unread :-) but
> there is no replacement of automake that i'm aware of.  in fact, the
> whole idea is not to replace automake but instead integrate with it (as
> well as w/ autoconf and libtool).  could you tell me where the docs give
> you this impression?  i would like to fix those places straight away to
> be more clear.

I completely made this up, I just noticed that autofrisk is actually
documented in the Guile 1.7 manual and it's (in a different version in
the source code). Yeah, you definitly may slap me for too little/no
research work here ;-). I arrived at the impression by seeing only
Makefile.in's in the 1.4 tree - that's what you get from judging from
the surface of something. I also might be driven by the hope for a
real flexible, scheme-based automake replacement.

However, I'll take a closer look at autofrisk and possible extensions.

Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden

Say NO to Software Patents! -- http://petition.eurolinux.org/