typechecking

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: typechecking
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 15:04:47 +0200

I've added the stricter typechecking code to the SCM_UNPACK macro in
CVS HEAD. It caught a few glitches in goops.h and backtrace.h , which
I corrected.  I propose that the old

  DEBUG_TYPING_STRICTNESS==2

is removed, as it provides little extra strictness.

Also, I think that DEBUG_TYPING_STRICTNESS==0 should go too. The code
contained a thinko (leading to loads of compile errors).  This
suggests that the code has never been tested since its inception a few
years ago.