Re: building guile from CVS

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: building guile from CVS
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 08:45:54 +1100

Bruno Haible <address@hidden> writes:

>   - libtool 1.6.x are not released on ftp.gnu.org.

Umm, I think I got us both confused there.  There isn't any 1.6.x, I
got that mixed up.  I was thinking of 1.5.6.

> 5) Since AM_GNU_GETTEXT is used in configure.in, a config.rpath is needed.
>    autoreconf does not add it. 'autopoint' would add it, but is not invoked
>    from autoreconf.

Ah, yep.  A gettextize is definitely now needed in autogen.sh.
autoreconf won't run that.

> 6) "make" fails in the doc directory because version.texi doesn't exist.
>    Kevin Rude says that it should be fixed by
>    "configure --enable-maintainer-mode". But it would be better if autogen.sh
>    would solve this.

I'm not sure autogen.sh should get involved in that.  Maybe README.CVS
should say to build the cvs with --enable-maintainer-mode, either
always or the first time at least.