Re: Updating NEWS for 1.6.8 release.

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Updating NEWS for 1.6.8 release.
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 18:40:37 +0100

Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:

> Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> Thanks.  In this case, I'm pretty sure my bug fixes don't qualify as
>> NEWS.
>
> What is the continuations versus stack bit you added some tests for?
> Is it a fix for something?

Yes, for `(call/cc make-stack)'.  make-stack is supposed to be able to
construct a stack from a continuation, a debug object, or from `#t',
which means the current evaluation stack.  But the make-stack code was
missing a lot of the relocations that are needed in the
continuation case.  The symptom was a segmentation fault.

I forget now exactly how I discovered this, though.  Is it worth me
trying to dig that up?