1.8 status

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: 1.8 status
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:02:01 +0100

I believe the only important 1.8 bug still outstanding is the one
which causes Scheme data corruption on 64-bit platforms - and which is
usually enough to cause the build to fail in
snarf-check-and-output-texi.

Is there anything else of equal impact that I've forgotten?

I'm not sure how to proceed with debugging this (or rather with
advising someone else how to debug it, since I don't have a 64-bit box
myself), so does anyone else have ideas?  I've been assuming it's a GC
problem, i.e. data which should be marked but isn't for some reason,
but I guess it need not be; it could just be something modifying part
of the Scheme heap by mistake.

Here are references to some of the relevant threads.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2006-02/msg00044.html