Re: Status of the "Project Ideas" page / Summer of Code

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Status of the "Project Ideas" page / Summer of Code
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 10:40:25 +0100

"Martin Kuehl" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> thanks for the helpful pointers; guile-debugging, guile-vm and the
> compilation discussion all look quite interesting.  The hobbit topic
> feels a little scary though, and I'm not sure I want to try that
> before I've got a little more experience under my belt.
>
> I was able to take guile-debugging for a spin, it's great, and I agree
> that it makes more sense to complete it than to port swank (the lisp
> server side of slime).  I'm not sure where one would start though --
> the open bugs' summaries are maybe less descriptive than they might be
> ;)
> [Hm.  Does it complete names of modules found on guile's load-path?]

No, it doesn't; that would be a nice feature.  And perhaps
complemented by a super-convenient way to extend the load path of the
guile process.

You mentioned the bugs on gna.org, but did you try looking at the
tasks as well?  I think the tasks would be much more suitable for a
SoC project, if any of them interest you.  If you would like me to add
to any of the task descriptions, to explain more what I have in mind,
please let me know.

Please also feel free to suggest more of your own ideas too, of
course.