Re: Broken `cexp ()' replacement

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Broken `cexp ()' replacement
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 10:26:14 +1000

> replacement `cexp ()'

I think I have to put my hand up for some of the blame there.  I added
those uses of cexp and friends, but made the rash assumption that if
"complex double" exists then the functions do.

My intention (never acted on) was to simply further restrict the use of
those funcs.  Eg. in scm_exp test HAVE_CEXP as well as
HAVE_COMPLEX_DOUBLE.  (Or arrange for configure not to even attempt
HAVE_CEXP unless have complex double, then make it the single test
HAVE_CEXP.)

There's got to be fallback code for when complex double doesn't exist at
all, so may as well use that when the necessary func isn't there,
instead of writing replacement cexp() etc (such replacements basically
duplicating the double-only code).