Re: Switching to Git?

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Switching to Git?
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:49:04 +1000

> How about switching from CVS to Git [0]?

I would say no.  All these other revision systems seem to come and go,
but their supposed features rarely seem to justify the learning curve
(the frequently steep, time consuming, and frustrating curve :-).

>     waiting for "cvs diff" to complete for ages.  ;-)

Emacs can work offline for diffs, for the most part.  (I never had much
joy when it merges, but I'm sure someone must have set it up to update
its cached current copy.)

>     This means that GNU-style change logs can be generated
>     automatically using tools like `git2cl' [4].

Bit overrated those things, the output always seems pretty ordinary.
I suppose of course nobody's forced to use it though.