Re: GNU Guile 1.8.3 released

From: Puneet
Subject: Re: GNU Guile 1.8.3 released
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:59:19 +0530

Greetings

  Let me first express my gratitude for the continued development of
Guile. Speed improvements in the new version are noticeable.

  I have just compiled the new guile version. It all works fine, but I
am facing a peculiar problem with my application. There was no such
problem with the previous version of guile. Looks like there is some
small glitch in the new scheme reader/parser.

  Let me first explain what I am trying to do in my application. I am
using the sockets to open a TCP/IP port. Then I attach a top-repl to
it and wait for guile commands over the TCP. I am attaching the log of
my interactive sessions (one where guile is launched and the telnet
session to feed guile commands). Please let me know if you need any
other information to replicate the bug or to debug.

Many thanks and Regards
Puneet

########## Guile session -- serv.scm file is attached to the email

$ guile --version
Guile 1.8.3
Copyright (c) 1995, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005,
2006, 2007 Free Software Foundation
Guile may be distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence;
certain other uses are permitted as well.  For details, see the file
`COPYING', which is included in the Guile distribution.
There is no warranty, to the extent permitted by law.
$ guile serv.scm
071017 15:40:45: Opening connection from 127.0.0.1 at port 34196

########## Telnet Session on same machine but different terminal

$ telnet localhost 12345
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
guile> (define a 'foo)
guile> a
}#ROR: Unbound variable: #{a\
ABORT: (unbound-variable)
guile> (use-modules (ice-9 pretty-print))
guile> (pretty-print '(1 2 3))
(1 2 3)
guile> (pretty-print
'(1 2 3))
}#ROR: Unbound variable: #{pretty-print\
ABORT: (unbound-variable)
guile> (pretty-print a)
foo
guile>