Re: git and changelogs

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: git and changelogs
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 20:54:04 +0200

Hi,

"Neil Jerram" <address@hidden> writes:

> 2008/5/22 Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden>:
>>
>> There was discussion on Git + ChangeLog on the gnulib list about half a
>> year back.  I can't recall the outcome, but do remember one side effect
>> was that someone wrote a merge program specifically for ChangeLog files,
>> that could hook into Git somehow.
>
> Attached is my attempt (thus far) at such a program.

BTW, Gnulib has two related scripts:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob;f=modules/git-merge-changelog

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob;f=modules/gitlog-to-changelog

The former is helpful when using good old `ChangeLog' files with Git,
while the latter is convenient when not using `ChangeLog' files.

Thanks,
Ludovic.