Re: vm.texi: A virtual machine for guile

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: vm.texi: A virtual machine for guile
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 23:30:09 +0100

Hello!

You rock!  I didn't read it in details, but I'm amazed by the clarity of
the explanations and the level of details, so thank you!

A bit of nitpicking since it's what I'm good at:

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> Guile has both an interpreter and a compiler. To a user, the
> difference is largely transparent -- interpreted and compiled

I think "transparent---interpreted" yields the typographically correct
output in Info/TeX.

Maybe "@defn{evaluator}" and perhaps also an address@hidden'.

> values, call/cc) and can provide optimized inline instructions for
> Guile (cons, struct-ref, etc.).

A couple of address@hidden' here.

Other than these small formatting issues, the material appears to be
very good to me.

Keep up the good work!  :-)

Ludo'.