Re: Again on Windows support

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Again on Windows support
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 20:32:02 +0000

"carlo.bramix" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello!
>
>> > LIBGUILE/GSUBR.C
>> > ================
>> > function alloca() is undefined because under Windows the intrinsic
>> > function is called _alloca().
>>
>> Hm, I thought the Gnulib alloca thing should have fixed this. Does
>> adding #include <alloca.h> in gsubr.c not fix this?
>>

> <alloca.h> does not exists here.
> Unfortunately, we (Windows users) have no other choice than including malloc.h

There should be an <alloca.h> in the "lib" subdirectory of the
distribution.  My one includes:

#ifndef alloca
# ifdef __GNUC__
#  define alloca __builtin_alloca
# elif defined _AIX
#  define alloca __alloca
# elif defined _MSC_VER
#  include <malloc.h>
#  define alloca _alloca

So, if compiling with GCC, it should be picking up __builtin_alloca.
If compiling with MSVC, it should be including malloc.h as you
suggest.