Re: 1.9 on the 19th; freeze 10 june (this wednesday)

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: 1.9 on the 19th; freeze 10 june (this wednesday)
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 14:51:03 +0100

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Ken,
>
> On Thu 11 Jun 2009 04:13, Ken Raeburn <address@hidden> writes:
>> * At least in test-suite/standalone the preprocessor options telling the
>> compiler where to find Guile's headers seem to come after the
>> configure-time CPPFLAGS.  This doesn't work out well if I need the
>> latter to tell Guile where GNU MP is installed, but there's also a
>> version of Guile installed there too.
>
> It seems you hit http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.guile.bugs/3874 .
>
> I guess we should fix this before the prerelease...

Aha; given that this isn't a regression, I was going to do this
immediately after the prerelease; but I'm happy to squeeze it in
before if you think that's better.

I think what we need just is

- import of the Gnulib `havelib' module (actually we already import
  this indirectly, but now we need it directly)

- AC_LIB_LINKFLAGS(gmp) in configure.in

- update of the "Additional INSTALL instructions" section in README,
  to mention the --with-xxx-prefix configure options, and to point to
  the Gnulib doc on how these work (and how they sometimes don't).

Do you want to squeeze this in?