Again on Windows support (2)

From: carlo\.bramix
Subject: Again on Windows support (2)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:26:24 +0200

Hello,
after a while I decided to take again guile and I tried to continue the test on
mingw+msys.
In one of the messages posted in thread "Again on Windows support" it has been
said to me to put in ~/.guile:

  (debug-enable 'backtrace)
  (debug-set! depth 80)

Since I was not able to do this test with .guile, I tried to modify directly
the values in the sources.
Into libguile/eval.c I temporally changed the initialization of some
scm_debug_opts[] as:

{ SCM_OPTION_INTEGER, "depth", 80, "Maximal length of printed backtrace." },
{ SCM_OPTION_BOOLEAN, "backtrace", 1, "Show backtrace on error." },
{ SCM_OPTION_BOOLEAN, "debug", 1, "Use the debugging evaluator." },

I hope I changed the right points.
After that, I recompiled and I got this result on console:

cat alist.doc arbiters.doc async.doc backtrace.doc boolean.doc chars.doc
continuations.doc debug.doc deprecation.doc deprecated.doc discouraged.doc
dynl.doc dynwind.doc eq.doc error.doc eval.doc evalext.doc extensions.doc
feature.doc fluids.doc fports.doc futures.doc gc.doc goops.doc gsubr.doc
gc-mark.doc gc-segment.doc gc-malloc.doc gc-card.doc gettext.doc
gc-segment-table.doc guardians.doc hash.doc hashtab.doc hooks.doc i18n.doc
init.doc ioext.doc keywords.doc lang.doc list.doc load.doc macros.doc
mallocs.doc modules.doc numbers.doc objects.doc objprop.doc options.doc
pairs.doc ports.doc print.doc procprop.doc procs.doc properties.doc random.doc
rdelim.doc read.doc root.doc rw.doc scmsigs.doc script.doc simpos.doc smob.doc
sort.doc srcprop.doc stackchk.doc stacks.doc stime.doc strings.doc srfi-4.doc
srfi-13.doc srfi-14.doc strorder.doc strports.doc struct.doc symbols.doc
threads.doc throw.doc values.doc variable.doc vectors.doc version.doc
vports.doc weaks.doc ramap.doc unif.doc dynl.doc filesys.doc posix.doc
net_db.doc socket.doc win32-uname.doc win32-dirent.doc win32-socket.doc
regex-posix.doc inet_aton.doc mkstemp.doc |
GUILE="/home/Carlo/guile/pre-inst-guile"
../../guile-svn/scripts/snarf-check-and-output-texi          >
guile-procedures.texi || { rm guile-procedures.texi; false; }
Backtrace:
In unknown file:
   ?: 0* (begin # # #)
   ?: 1* [eval-string "(apply"]

<unnamed port>: In procedure scm_i_lreadparen in expression (eval-string
"(apply"):
<unnamed port>: #<unknown port>:1:7: end of file
make[3]: *** [guile-procedures.texi] Error 1

I also did the tests suggested to me in the past (first test does not print
anything):

$ ./pre-inst-guile -c 1

$ ./pre-inst-guile -c '(display "foo")'
Backtrace:
In unknown file:
   ?: 0* (begin (eval-string "(display") (quit))
   ?: 1* [eval-string "(display"]

<unnamed port>: In procedure scm_i_lreadparen in expression (eval-string
"(display"):
<unnamed port>: #<unknown port>:1:9: end of file

I hope you may have an idea about what it is happening.

Sincerely,

Carlo Bramini.