Re: remove ascii images from pdf

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: remove ascii images from pdf
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 21:49:49 +0100

David Arroyo Menéndez <address@hidden> writes:

> I've filled the form ...

That's great; have you also sent it off to the FSF?  Which form of
assignment did you choose?

> El 1 de octubre de 2009 14:02, David Arroyo Menéndez <address@hidden>
> escribió:
>
>     I've generated this images to be incorporated in the book, the images will
>     have the copyright required to do it. Could you give me information about
>     this subject?

Sorry for not replying to this more promptly.  I guess you found the
right documents; the latest ones are at
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/tree/doc/Copyright, but I
imagine that recent versions similar to these would be fine.

To answer your point about your images being intended for the book
publication: we ideally wouldn't want there to be any difference, in
licensing and copyright terms, between the published book material and
the ongoing, soft Guile Reference Manual.  Hence, unless there is a
strong case for accepting a contribution for the published book only,
the copyright assignment requirement is the same as for normal manual
contributions.

Finally, just to be clear about the mechanics here: the FSF will let me
know once they've received and recorded your assignment, and I will
incorporate your patch at that time.

Thanks once again for doing this!