Re: remove ascii images from pdf

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: remove ascii images from pdf
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 18:38:41 +0000

Didn't realize that this conversation wasn't already CC'd to the
list.  It is now...

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: remove ascii images from pdf Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 23:23:19 +0000 User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.1 (gnu/linux)
Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> David Arroyo Menéndez <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> It's correct.
>
> Thanks.  I'll add your changes into the repository shortly then
> (probably over the weekend).

Hi David,

Unfortunately these changes don't completely work for me.  I wonder if
that's because I'm using unhelpful versions of tex/texinfo.tex and
makeinfo?

For me, with your changes in place...

Firstly, `make dvi' stops with

---------cut here------------
(scheme.eps
./scheme-using.texi:375: Could not open file scheme.eps, ignoring it.
@epsfgetbb ...Could not open file #1, ignoring it}
                                                  @else address@hidden @other =
1...

@next #1->@epsfgetbb {#1}
                         @epsfsetgraph {#1}
@imagexxx ...ysize address@hidden @fi @epsfbox {#1.eps}
                                                  @fi @ifimagevmode @medskip...

@image ...true @fi @else @imagexxx #1,,,,,@finish
                                                  @fi
l.375 @image{scheme}

?
---------cut here------------

Secondly, `make html' generates HTML that doesn't include the .png
diagrams.  Instead it just shows the .png filename, for example:

---------cut here------------
There are several options for working on Guile Scheme code in Emacs. The
simplest are to use Emacs's standard scheme-mode for editing code, and
to run the interpreter when you need it by typing “guile” at the prompt
of a *shell* buffer, but there are Emacs libraries available which add
various bells and whistles to this. The following diagram shows these
libraries and how they relate to each other, with the arrows indicating
“builds on” or “extends”. For example, the Quack library builds on
cmuscheme, which in turn builds on the standard scheme mode.

     scheme.png

scheme, written by Bill Rozas and Dave Love, is Emacs's standard mode
for Scheme code files. It provides Scheme-sensitive syntax highlighting,
parenthesis matching, indentation and so on.

The first problem is surprising since I assume you (i.e. Network Theory)
will use something like `make dvi' to generate the printed manual.  Does
`make dvi' work for you, and do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
        Neil

--- End Message ---