Re: Portability fixes for win32 cross compiling

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: Portability fixes for win32 cross compiling
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 07:12:52 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Volker Grabsch address@hidden

> Is it really necessary to #include the
> "uniconv.h" from the cross system and to provide corresponding
> SCM_ICONVEH_*
> constants?

Probably not.  I doubt that the libunistring constants are going
to change upstream, so you could hack around it by hard-coding them.
Simple, and possibly risky should libunistring decide to change them.

Or, I suppose, we could write a function in strings.c to convert
SCM_ICONVEH constants to libunistring constants.  That might be
friendlier to your cross-build, but, that function would get called
very often.  Might be a slight performance hit.

Thanks,

Mike