Re: srfe records in reworked match

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: srfe records in reworked match
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:52:39 +0200

Hi,

On Thu 22 Apr 2010 14:27, address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

>> There would be no penalty making Guile's records interoperable with
>> SRFI-9 records.
>
> Currently Guile’s SRFI-9 accessors are “integratable” whereas record
> accessors aren’t.  IOW, until Guile has an inliner, there’d be a penalty
> making them interoperable.

Perhaps I didn't explain myself here. I would like to be able to take a
record, and ask what fields it has. I can do this with Guile records,
and I could do so with SRFI-9 records if the vtable were an instance of
record-type-vtable.

This would also allow SRFI-9 records to return #t for `record?'.

This does not affect SRFI-9 accessors at all; they can still be
integrable.

http://wingolog.org/