Re: r6rs library documentation

From: Julian Graham
Subject: Re: r6rs library documentation
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 23:59:58 -0400

Hi Ludovic!

> There’s no ‘fold’ in R6RS-lib; it’s called ‘fold-left’.

Fixed -- see commit 5b379729bb5f5d06ceb02c4e96ccc62cf61f9c62.

> Should be “Guile’s core library (@pxref{List Modification}).”

Fixed.

> How about this instead:
>
> address@hidden is an alias for Guile’s @code{quotient} and @code{mod} is
>  an alias for @code{modulo} (@pxref{Integer Operations}).

Well, I don't know.  Those exports currently /are/ aliases for those
procedures, but that's a bug that I introduced because I had some
hesitation over how to implement the real procedures efficiently.  I
suppose I should revisit that problem...  :)

> This use of @pxref is incorrect and leads to broken rendering with all
> back-ends (info "(texinfo) pxref").  The same problem appears in other
> places.  Could you look into it?

Fixed as many of these as I could find.  Let me know if you notice other ones.

> Perhaps add an xref to SRFI-35, in pure TIMTOWTDI spirit.  ;-)

Done.  Off-topic: While poking around, I noticed that SRFI-35 is
implemented purely in terms of Guile structs; would it make sense
later to re-implement using a subset of the features of `(rnrs
conditions)'?  (Ditto for SRFI-9 and `(rnrs records)'.)

> The ‘---’ should not be surrounded by spaces.  Though according to
> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Dash#Em_dash you could
> argue that you’re following the /The New York Times Manual of Style and
> Usage/.  ;-)

I make no such claim!  Fixed.  :)

> Add link to SRFI-60?

Done.