Re: set-thread-vm!

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: set-thread-vm!
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 21:47:48 +0200

Hi :)

On Sat 25 Sep 2010 23:49, address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> What's the purpose of set-thread-vm! ?
>
> See commit 639b2eb7107b26207d13bb8acb4c1d38d7dba3bd : it is used to work
> around that fact that ‘scm_call_N’ uses whatever ‘scm_the_vm’ returns,
> which may be different from the calling VM.
>
> Perhaps that would be better solved by having ‘the-vm’ be a real fluid,
> though.
>
> Thoughts?

I removed these accessors, because they're not really threadsafe, and
they don't work in the way you expect. We should probably also exclude
multiple threads from using the same VM.

Anyway now there is call-with-vm, which I believe does what you want it
to do. Does that work for you?

Cheers,

http://wingolog.org/