Re: Problems with guile-sqlite3

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Problems with guile-sqlite3
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 16:28:17 +0200

Hello!

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> Interesting.  It seems that the string->pointer code is doing the wrong thing:

It works as advertised.  :-)

 -- Scheme Procedure: string->pointer string
     Return a foreign pointer to a nul-terminated copy of STRING in the
     current locale encoding.  The C string is freed when the returned
     foreign pointer becomes unreachable.

     This is the Scheme equivalent of `scm_to_locale_string'.

We could add ‘string->utf8-pointer’ to (system foreign), I guess.

Thanks,
Ludo’.