Re: Empty entries in $GUILE_LOAD_PATH

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Empty entries in $GUILE_LOAD_PATH
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 20:44:02 +0200

Heya,

On Tue 15 May 2012 00:30, Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems to me that a valid load path should never contain empty
> entries, because the empty string is not a valid path.

Traditionally empty path components indicate the current directory,
AFAIK.  I think they're valid, and if we are not interpreting them that
way, that's probably a bug.  (Though, as you note, their existence is
itself probably a bug; perhaps we should emit a warning if one is
found...)

>> Should ‘meta/uninstalled-env’ & co. clear $GUILE_LOAD_PATH?
>
> I don't see why it should.

Me neither.

http://wingolog.org/