Re: SRFI 41, revisited

From: Daniel Hartwig
Subject: Re: SRFI 41, revisited
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 13:58:26 +0800

On 11 September 2012 13:38, Chris K. Jester-Young <address@hidden> wrote:
> It's been over half a year since I last wrote about SRFI 41; two whole
> releases have happened since then. I'm pretty sure I don't want to wait
> for another. ;-)

Hello

This is not compatible with the (ice-9 streams) module is it?  At
least, it does not appear to be by quickly scanning the source.

I once tried to implement stream-cons such that it is built on top of
make-stream which turned out quite messy.

At the time I investigated the two alternate implementations (ice-9's
make-stream is constructed using a generator) and found that depending
on the use case either approach could be more efficient in terms of
coding and run-time performance.  So at least having the two options
is great.

I wonder if there is an underlying base which is common to both
methods…  Such a base is great if ice-9 streams were extended with the
useful procedures as well (stream-filter, stream-ref, etc.).

Anyway, looks quite good and I'll play more with this module during the week.

Regards