Web HTTP methods: symbols or strings?

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Web HTTP methods: symbols or strings?
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 01:29:25 -0400

Hello all,

I've been looking at the web code, and while most (all?) of the older
code assumes that HTTP methods will be symbols, the newer web/client.scm
is written to assume that HTTP methods will be strings.  It seems
reasonably clear to me that client.scm should be fixed to produce
symbols instead of strings.

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether we'll now have to support
strings as HTTP methods, for backward compatibility.

   Thoughts?
      Mark