Re: New logo and website design proposal

From: Luis Felipe López Acevedo
Subject: Re: New logo and website design proposal
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 09:33:44 -0500

On 2015-09-16 01:43, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
Hi Luis,

As part of the Guile project I imagine, I'd like to propose these visual
modifications for the logo and the website.

this is very beautiful!  The drawings are very pretty and friendly.

Glad to hear you like it.

I would suggest not to show too much code (like a full screenshot of an
Emacs session), but maybe just a little bit in friendly colours, about
as short as the example code on http://ruby-lang.org.

Yes something like that would be fine, I think.

[[The “G” in the logo is very round (presumably to better fit the round
parentheses), as is the “e”.  I find that the maximum gap between the
“G” and the “u” is a little wide because of that, but that’s just
nitpicking.]]

Yeah, I tried with a narrower G before using the round one and didn't like the way the parenthesis wrapped around it. The shapes didn't match.

Some people on IRC didn't like the logo much. And someone said that the G looks like the new Google logo. But my logo is from June, so I think Google is copying me :)

I wished more project logos and websites received such a pretty and
effective overhaul as this!

My intention is to keep helping GNU subprojects whenever I have some time, so I'm glad these humble changes are well received.

Thank you!

~~ Ricardo

Thank you for the feedback, Ricardo!

--