Re: New logo and website design proposal

From: Luis Felipe López Acevedo
Subject: Re: New logo and website design proposal
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 17:24:10 -0500

On 2015-09-23 11:18, Luis Felipe López Acevedo wrote:

With the feedback so far, I'm planning to make a revision of the
mockup this weekend to include the suggested changes.

Hi,

I just finished an implementation of the new website. You can grab a copy of the built site from here:

https://bitbucket.org/sirgazil/dnd/downloads/guile-website-20151009.tar.gz

To try it out:

   $ cd path/to/guile-website-yyyymmdd
$ python3 -m http.server # couldn't find a equivalent in Guile

Then visit the website at <http://localhost:8000/>.

The source files are available in this provisional repository:

    https://bitbucket.org/sirgazil/guile-website

All pages of the current website are migrated to the new style, except for the following:

* News <http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/news.html>. I'm currently linking to Savannah to display all news. * Community <http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/community.html>. Should we add a Community page and link to the main menu? Or do we use the About page to list the contact info listed in the current Community page? * Cool Ideas <http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/ideas.html>. Could these be added to Savannah task tracker instead? * Graphics <http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/graphics/> I don't know what to do with this one yet.

Some other things to do:

* Fetch news from Savannah for the latest news in the home page.
* Update illustration to remove reference to Lua.

This is an overview of the website source directory structure:

    guile-website
    ├── README
    └── website
├── apps <- This is how a website is extended: Blog, PMS, Gallery, etc.
        ├── static           <- Name-spaced assets for the website apps.
├── resources.scm <- A list of all the resources of the website to be built (HTML, RSS, etc.)
        └── utils.scm        <- Common variables, URL helpers, etc.

I didn't add the code I'm using for building/testing the website because it's hideous, and you may want to write your own code for building anyways (à la GuixSD).

I'm willing to change any silly things you see in the code, so don't hesitate to ask :)

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/