guile-gnome: devel branch - Prepare 2.16.5

From: David Pirotte
Subject: guile-gnome: devel branch - Prepare 2.16.5
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 18:45:36 -0300

Hello,

Attached 2 patches [the first is insignificant, just a chmod on an example] to
prepare Guile-GNOME 2.16.5, compatible with Guile-2.2

Note [commit log extract]:

        (a) this patch comments the build for the Corba and Gnome-VFS wrappers,
due
        to incompatible changes in Guile-2.2 (see their corresponding entry in
        configure.ac for a better explanation);

        (b) I don't have time to provide the autotool 'machinery' so that It
would
        still build these 2 modules for Guile-2.0, but if someone wants to
spend the
        time to do this, it is possible, so please do and let us know.

Unless negative feedback, I'll push this patch to the Guile-GNOME devel branch
in 2 to 3 weeks from now.

Then,
If you are using Guile-GNOME
and have some free time:

I uploaded a prerelease taball and signature file here:

        http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/grip/guile-gnome/
                guile-gnome-platform-2.16.5-dev.tar.gz
                guile-gnome-platform-2.16.5-dev.tar.gz.sig

        [ Files on mirrors may be subject to a replication delay of up to 24
hours.
        [ In case of problems use
http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/

Grab the latest GNU Guile release 2.1.3

        https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2016-06/msg00009.html

Then compile install both 'somewhere else' [I use /opt2], compile install you
app(s)
there as well and see if everything is fine...

Cheers,
David