Re: "guix potluck", a moveable feast

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: "guix potluck", a moveable feast
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2017 09:45:12 -0500

Andy Wingo writes:

> Christopher Webber asks about breakage due to version skew between peer
> channels and channels and Guix itself.  I think I would like to just
> ignore this problem for now: if you add channels and things break
> somehow due to an update in Guix or an update in some channel, then the
> workaround is to disable channels until developers fix things.

It isn't an impossible problem to get around anyway, at least from a
channel to channel perspective... since we're building channels around
git repositories, *eventually* we could allow a channel to include
another channel as a dependency with a specific hash.  But we can work
on that once we get things working.