Re: Loss of location in (library) code

From: manday
Subject: Re: Loss of location in (library) code
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 20:36:36 +0100

I apologize for an editing mistake in the earlier mail. It was supposed to read:

"[...] When the offending form is somewhere in an __RnRS library__, the
warnings give inconsistent line numbers. [...]"

The problem does not occur if Guile's modules are used (and the code thus
placed at the exterior of the (define-module)).

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 08:26:15PM +0100, manday@openmail.cc wrote:
> As discussed on #guile, we tried for a "possibly unbound variable" warning,
> on Guile 3.0.4:
>
> When the offending form is somewhere in a RnRS module or Guile library, the
> warnings give inconsistent line numbers. For instance:
>
> (library (test)
>  (export f)
>  (import (rnrs))
>  (define (f x)
>   (if x
>    (cons x 3)
>    (IS-UNBOUND x))))
>
> produces "4:1: warning: possibly unbound variable `IS-UNBOUND'", the warning
> is located on the (define) whereas
>
> ; Line 1
> ; Line 2
> ; Line 3
> (define (f x)
>  (if x
>   (cons x 3)
>   (IS-UNBOUND x)))
>
> produces "7:2: warning: possibly unbound variable `IS-UNBOUND'", the warning
> is located correctly.

This free account was provided by VFEmail.net - report spam to abuse@vfemail.net

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the
NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!