Re: Making guile-gtk-1.2 stable?

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Making guile-gtk-1.2 stable?
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:25:08 +0200

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Marius Vollmer wrote:

> I too think that the current naming of the guile-gtk projects and
> subprojects is a bit confusing.  However, what is now called
> guile-gobject should be given the 'best' absolute name since in the
> end, guile-gtk-1.2 will go away.  So what could that name be?

Guile-gnome sounds fine to me, especially considering, as Kevin noted,
that the modules are (gnome foo). The only thing required to build it is
gobject and glib, the rest will be built only if found.

I think the build system is GNU-friendly, but I don't have any
experience working on GNU projects. The docs should probably be
converted to texinfo, that's the only thing I think.

Shall we change, then, and end the confusion once and for all?

regards,

wingo.