Re: guile-lib

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: guile-lib
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 09:45:06 -0000

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey.
>
> So, the administrator for the network I'm on is incompetent or stubborn
> or something, so I can only get proxied HTTP right now (no mail, no ssh,
> etc.). So the internet's not quite back yet. Hopefully before the end of
> the month. Grr.

I really wish you luck that this gets better. You know you can tunnel
TCP over HTTP, though ;-)?

> But to business: I updated my copy of guile-lib to have what was
> missing. I'm not completely happy yet with (text structured), but it's
> still useful. Also in there is (scheme documentation), which defines
> things like define-class-with-docs and such.

Nice. I've merged that into the main archive (head).

> I put in taglines, as it seems that's the policy.

Yes.

> So, that's that. I'm updating soon to use your g-wrap and the gtk-2.4
> branch. I'm tired of the long startup times for my apps.

The split is well underway; I'll update the homepage soonish; but for
starters:

tla get address@hidden/dists--dev--0 guile-gnome
cd guile-gnome
tla build-config -r configs/gnu.org/dev
cd src
./autogen.sh --noconfigure
mkdir ../_build && cd ../_build
../src/configure
make

Be sure to use g-wrap--tng--patch-22 for now; I've made incompatible
changes in patch-23; glib and others will be updated soon, so they can
use the latest version. I hope patch-23 was the last big change in
g-wrap TNG API for a while.

Just a minor note: merkel has currently restricted access (pending
kernel upgrade), so I'll have to do merge requests to guile-gnome
manually.

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden

Python is executable pseudocode, Perl is executable line-noise.