Re: Profiling guile-gtk

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: Profiling guile-gtk
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 18:26:54 +0200

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey,
>
> I'm spamming the list a bit, but I'm also making guile-gtk faster, so I
> don't feel so bad ;)

You're really doing great work here! I didn't know that latent binding
is possible at all before you did the first big cut on load time :).

> Improvements
> ============
>
> I implemented latent bindings for types. So for instance, <gtk-hbox>
> isn't constructed as a scheme class until the first time it's referenced
> in the source. Thereafter it's cached in the module's obarray. I had to
> change the way generics are made, so that they only resolve their
> specializer types when the methods are constructed.
>
> (gnome gtk) load time is down to 2.05 seconds, on my crappy box. Sweet.
> Only one second to go before we reach python. The changes are in my
> branch of g-wrap and guile-gnome[0].

I think you missed the [0] footnote.

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden

To iterate is human; to recurse, divine.