Possible bug in g-wrap-tng?

From: Patrick Bernaud
Subject: Possible bug in g-wrap-tng?
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 18:02:37 +0200

[ I already sent this message a few hours ago but it did not show up on
the list. I am sending again from another account. Sorry for the
repetition. ]

Hi all,

I think there is a bug in g-wrap-tng that is made visible in the
wrapping of gtk_table_attach().

The use of (gtk-table-attach) (or its generics attach) from guile
triggers the following error:

ERROR: In procedure gtk-table-attach:
ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 10: (((#<eval-closure 40297d10>) (gf
args) (address@hidden address@hidden address@hidden)) . 2)

Looking at the C source code (guile-gnome-gw-gtk.c), I think the tenth
argument of gtk_table_attach() is not handled properly: gw__restargs
is never used in the wrapping function. However a local variable named
gw__scm_extras (array of SCM) is used unitialized as it is supposed to
contain arg 9 of the function.

It may be in relation with the way default values are handled on
functions with a lot of arguments. It looks like gtk_table_attach() is
the only function in this case.

Can someone who knows g-wrap-tng well confirm?

Regards,

Patrick