Re: ERROR: no code for module (gnome gtk)

From: Patrick Bernaud
Subject: Re: ERROR: no code for module (gnome gtk)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 17:07:32 +0200

Andre Kuehne writes:
 > [...]
 > Shouldn't append return a gtk-tree-iter (like insert does)?

Yes it should. I encountered the exact same problem while updating the
examples ; what I have discovered so far:

 - this is not reproducible with Guile 1.8.

 - there is no generic function defined for gtk-list-store-append and
   similar 'append' functions of gtk (with 1.9).

 - maybe because the 'append' is already defined for the SRFI 1
   procedure. Try defining a 'prepend' procedure before importing
   modules (gnome gtk): like 'append' previously, 'prepend' does not
   become a generic.

I am not familiar enough with these internals of generics to be more
helpful. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come to the rescue.

In the meantime, you can use the long name: gtk-list-store-append (or
gtk-tree-store-append).

Regards,

Patrick