guile-sources

Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals, Issue 53 Volu

From: Federation of International Trade Associations
Subject: Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals, Issue 53 Volume 3 Number 5
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:38:01 -0500 (EST)

To view this newsletter in full-color:
http://www.fita.org/useful/useful.html

Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals Issue 53 Volume 3
Number 5
February 26, 2003
Issue 53
VOLUME 3 Number 5

 IN THIS ISSUE
OUR FEATURED COUNTRY SITE -- FRANCE
HARVARD'S GLOBAL TRADE NEGOTIATIONS PAGE
ASIAN PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
WWW RESEARCH TOOLS

Here's your latest issue of Really Useful Sites for International Trade
Professionals.
This free bi-weekly newsletter reviews useful Web sites from the Web Resources
database
at FITA's International Trade/ Import-Export Portal at
http://xis.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?u=327937&i=40595 an excellent
source for trade leads, news, events, and a link library of 5,000+ sites
related to
international trade.

My name is John McDonnell, and for years I've been writing about useful Web
sites for
businesspeople, in various publications. Now I've focused on international
trade, using
my Web research skills to find sites that are useful for international
businesspeople,
and some sites that are just plain fun for anyone.

Here are the sites:

OUR FEATURED COUNTRY SITE -- FRANCE
http://www.businesspatrol.com/businesspatrol_links.php3?topic=France

I've always had a soft spot for France, because my wife was studying in Paris
when I met her, and we spent many romantic hours exploring Paris and the
countryside around it. France has more than romance to offer, of course, and
that's why I'm profiling it in this issue. France is one of the largest U.S.
trading partners, and it's worth investigating if you're looking for new
markets for your products. Businesspatrol.com's France Page
<http://www.businesspatrol.com/businesspatrol_links.php3?topic=France> (
http://www.businesspatrol.com/businesspatrol_links.php3?topic=France ) is a
great jumping off point. Here you'll find links to France-related news,
research profiles, statistics, company and organization Web sites, financial
data, legal information, government agencies, trade fairs, and much more. There
are short descriptions of each site, including whether they're in French or
English.
There are many more links to France at the FITA site. Go to
http://fita.org/webindex <http://fita.org/webindex/index.html>, click on
Regional Resources and Multi-Lateral Trading Areas in the left column, then
scroll down to Europe and click on France in the drop-down box. Or simply type
"France" in the search box at http://www.fita.org <http://fita.org/>.

HARVARD'S GLOBAL TRADE NEGOTIATIONS PAGE
http://www.cid.harvard.edu/cidtrade/index.html

You have to stay abreast of developments in global trade policy if you want to
succeed at international trade, and one of the best ways to do this is through
Harvard University's Global Trade Negotiations Home Page
<http://www.cid.harvard.edu/cidtrade> (
http://www.cid.harvard.edu/cidtrade/index.html ). Although this site may seem
to be just for academics, there's plenty here for you practical business types.
For example, you'll find breaking news about trade from worldwide media;
in-depth articles on major issues like biotechnology, e-commerce, intellectual
property, market access, and others affecting trade; research papers; links to
governmental agencies and non-governmental organizations; statistics, and much
more. There's a lot of useful information here, and it's updated regularly.

ANNOUNCING WORLD POINTSSM -- the rewards program that absolutely puts you first
http://www.applyonlinenow.com/us/FU2A-A000000WOI
<http://xis.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?u=327937&i=40603>
You don't need another credit card - you need a better one! The FITA Platinum
Plus® Visa® credit card with WorldPointsSM is now available to U.S.-based
subscribers to Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals. The
FITA WorldPoints Visa card, issued by MBNA America Bank, offers you the chance
to earn everything from tickets on any major U.S. airline (with no black-out
dates), car rentals or hotel stays in the U.S., merchandise, even unlimited
cash rewards. What’s more, you can now take advantage of a 0% Introductory
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) on all cash advances, including balance transfers,
good through your first 12 statement closing dates!+ All this with no annual
fee and unsurpassed benefits, perfect for the international trade professional.
To learn more about WorldPoints benefits or to apply, click on
http://www.applyonlinenow.com/us/FU2A-A000000WOI
<http://xis.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?u=327937&i=40603>  (or copy this address into the
location/address field of your browser) Apply on-line now!

+ For rate, fees, features, and benefits associated with the use of the card;
or to apply, click on http://www.applyonlinenow.com/us/FU2A-A000000WOI
<http://xis.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?u=327937&i=40603> and refer to the disclosures
accompanying the online credit card application.

ASIAN PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
http://www.asiasource.org/events/asiaholidays.cfm

I love holidays, and it never ceases to amaze me the variety of holidays that
are celebrated around the world. I haven't checked, but I think there's a
holiday being celebrated somewhere every day of the year. If you need to know
the holidays for any country in Asia, go to Asian Public Holidays
<http://www.asiasource.org/events/asiaholidays.cfm> (
http://www.asiasource.org/events/asiaholidays.cfm ), where you'll find a handy
listing. The list includes fifty countries, including ones like Afghanistan and
Iran, so this is a useful resource for many travelers and businesspeople. There
are also links at this site to news, maps, statistics, travel guides, recipes,
and lots of other information about Asia.

WWW RESEARCH TOOLS
http://www.virtualsalt.com/search.htm

People are always asking me how to find answers to their questions on the Web.
I try to point them in the right direction, by giving them some useful Web
sites to check out. Now that I've discovered World Wide Web Research Tools
<http://www.virtualsalt.com/search.htm> ( http://www.virtualsalt.com/search.htm
), I'll just send them there. They'll find a no-frills site -- basically just a
page of links, but it's got everything you need for successful Web searching.
There are links to all the major search engines (and lots of specialty engines
you probably didn't know about), plus sites where you can search news outlets,
government agencies, image collections, specialized databases, and much more.
If you can't find what you're looking for after using this page, the answer is
probably not on the Web.

If you'd like to search back issues of Really Useful Sites for International
Trade Professionals, there's a search page at
http://fita.org/useful/search.html
<http://xis.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?u=327937&i=40601>.

If you'd like to see all back issues of Really Useful Sites for International
Trade Professionals, the full list is at http://www.fita.org/useful/archives
<http://xis.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?u=327937&i=40602>.

Please feel free to pass this newsletter on to others.

Published by Federation of International Trade Associations
Copyright © 2003 Federation of International Trade Associations. All rights
reserved.

 <http://xis.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?u=327937&i=40588>

TELL A FRIEND -- http://fita.m.xtenit.com/friend.jsp?uid=327937&appid=240&j=5008

--------
Modify your preferences or unsubscribe here:

http://fita.m.xtenit.com/al.jsp?vk=fnk4tuVQ&address@hidden&an=240