guile-sources

Useful Sites # 76 about Norway, Tips for Importers and Exporters, Trade

From: FITA's Really Useful Sites
Subject: Useful Sites # 76 about Norway, Tips for Importers and Exporters, Trade Agreements and Web Searches
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 07:21:24 -0500 (EST)

To view this newsletter in full-color:
http://www.fita.org/useful/useful.html

Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals Issue 76 Volume 4
Number 2
January 21, 2004
Issue 76
VOLUME 4 Number 2

 IN THIS ISSUE
NORWAY -- OUR FEATURED COUNTRY SITE
TRADE AGREEMENTS DATABASE & ARCHIVE
TIPS FOR NEW IMPORTERS AND EXPORTERS
ITOOLS

This newsletter conforms to the requirements of the 'CAN-SPAM Act of 2003' and
was sent to you by the Federation of International Trade Associations, 11800
Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 210, Reston, VA 20191, USA.
If you do not wish to receive ongoing communications via e-mail from FITA,
please click here <mailto:address@hidden>.

Hello, international traders! In this issue I spotlight two sites about Norway,
one of the world's wealthiest countries. Then, I've got a site from the U.S.
Customs Service that will give you the tools to get started importing and
exporting. I also found a site that has a searchable database of all the
world's free trade agreements -- and you can use it for free. Finally, I have a
very useful portal to the best search engines on the planet. Happy searching!
If you'd like more information about international trade, go to FITA's
International Trade/ Import-Export Portal <http://fita.org> ( http://fita.org
), an excellent source for trade leads, news, events, and a link library of
7,000 sites related to international trade.

NORWAY -- OUR FEATURED COUNTRY SITE
http://www.itds.treas.gov/Norway.htm

Until recently, if you said "Norway" to me, I'd think of Vikings, fjords, and
gold medal skiers in the Winter Olympics. However, after some research I
discovered that Norway is one of the wealthiest countries in the world, and
that some say it has the highest quality of life anywhere. Norway had imports
of US $37 billion in 2002, and has minimal trade barriers, so it has lots of
potential as a market. If you'd like to research opportunities for trade with
Norway, here are two good places to start:
The U.S. Treasury Department's Trade & Economic Profile for Norway
<http://www.itds.treas.gov/Norway.htm> ( http://www.itds.treas.gov/Norway.htm )
has links to country profiles, Norwegian government sites, financial data, and
more.
The Norway page at Baltic Sea States <http://bibl.sh.se/baltic/norway.htm> (
http://bibl.sh.se/baltic/norway.htm ) has scores of links to news, statistics,
organizations, libraries, chamber of commerce sites, and research.
There are many more links to Norway at the FITA site. Go to FITA's
International Trade Web Resources <http://fita.org/webindex/index.html> at
http://fita.org/webindex/index.html, click on Regional Resources and
Multi-Lateral Trading Areas in the left column, then scroll down to Europe and
click on Norway in the drop-down box. Or simply type "Norway" in the search box
at http://www.fita.org <http://fita.org/>. There are some great books on trade
with Europe in the FITA Global Trade Bookstore
<http://fita.org/marketplace/eurobooks.php>, including Exporting to Scandinavia
<http://fita.org/marketplace/product.php?asin=0749426918>.

TRADE AGREEMENTS DATABASE & ARCHIVE
http://cib.tuck.dartmouth.edu/cibresearch/

If you're researching trade with a certain country, you need to look at any
free trade agreements that country participates in. Now there's a new resource
to help you with that task. The Center for International Business at Dartmouth
University's Trade Agreements Database & Archive
<http://cib.tuck.dartmouth.edu/cibresearch/> (
http://cib.tuck.dartmouth.edu/cibresearch/ ) has searchable versions of 164
bilateral and regional free trade and customs union agreements worldwide. You
can search this archive and download the full-text versions of the agreements
in PDF format. It's a great resource that is continually being updated, so it's
worth bookmarking for future use.

MEDJET ASSISTANCE: PEACE OF MIND WHEN TRAVELERS NEED IT MOST
http://www.fita.org/travel/medjetdescript.htm
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz247056>

A medical doctor from West Virginia was on vacation with his wife in Rome
recently when they had an extreme medical emergency. As MEDJET Assistance
members, they made a collect call to the 24 hour hotline and received quick
assistance.

They wrote, "My wife and I wish to express our deep appreciation for your rapid
and professional response to our medical emergency in Rome. We were amazed at
how you took care of the most minute detail and made it possible for us to
return to medical care in the States as quickly as possible. When we tell
people about our experience and how expertly you handled our return to the
United States they cannot believe that this could be done so expertly and
efficiently."
MEDJET Assistance is an annual membership program for U.S-based travelers
providing air medical transportation to its members should they become
hospitalized due to accident or illness virtually anywhere in the world. The
program transports members, free of charge, to the hospital of their choice,
most often in medically equipped and staffed jets. Click on
www.fita.org/travel/medjetdescript.htm
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz247056> to become a MEDJET
Assistance member now at reduced FITA rates.
MEDJET Assistance publishes a free brochure, "A Guide To Traveling Smart".
Contact MEDJET Assistance directly at (800) 963-3538 to order it. Make sure to
mention FITA to get the FITA discount if you enroll.

TIPS FOR NEW IMPORTERS AND EXPORTERS
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/import/communications_to_industry/diduknow.xml

You just purchased a quantity of gourmet cheese from Italy on the Internet, and
you can't wait for it to arrive. What you don't know is that the U.S. Customs
Service could seize your purchase, because regulations prohibit the import of
dairy products from certain countries without a permit. To avoid the specter of
a Customs agent knocking on your door, you need to go to the U.S. Customs site
Did You Know? Tips for New Importers and Exporters
<http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/import/communications_to_industry/diduknow.xml> (
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/import/communications_to_industry/didu know.xml ).
Here you'll find lots of tips and information about complying with Customs
regulations for both importing and exporting, clearly written and easy to
understand.

ITOOLS
http://www.itools.com/

I don't like to waste time when I'm looking for information on the Web. I'm
usually in a hurry, and I want to find what I'm looking for as soon as
possible. That's why a site like iTools <http://www.itools.com/> (
http://www.itools.com/ ) is so valuable. It's an all-in-one search page that
you can use to find whatever you need on the Web. Just type your query in the
search box and you can find Web sites, phone numbers, discussion groups,
addresses, word definitions, translations, the latest news, quotations,
encyclopedia entries, and more. If your initial search is fruitless, click on
"More search tools" and you'll go to a page with eight more search engines you
can use.

We welcome our subscribers to publish this whole issue or articles from it. But
please note that all material is copyrighted by FITA and must be copied with
the following attribution:
"This is copied from the newsletter Really Useful Sites for International Trade
Professionals <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz247054>, a free,
bi-weekly email publication of FITA - The Federation of International Trade
Associations. Please feel free to subscribe to this newsletter at
http://fita.org/useful <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz247054>."

If you'd like to see all back issues of Really Useful Sites for International
Trade Professionals, the full list is at http://www.fita.org/useful/archives
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz247055>.

SEARCH BACK ISSUES OF REALLY USEFUL SITES FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE PROFESSIONALS
Use the search box below to search terms in all issues of this newsletter since
February 2001

Please feel free to pass this newsletter on to others.

Published by Federation of International Trade Associations
Copyright © 2004 Federation of International Trade Associations. All rights
reserved.

 <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz247041>

TELL A FRIEND --
http://fita.m.xtenit.com/friend.jsp?uid=327937&appid=240&j=12855

--------
Modify your preferences or unsubscribe here:

http://fita.m.xtenit.com/al.jsp?vk=fnk4tuVQ&address@hidden&an=240