guile-sources

Useful Sites # 85 about Portugal, Country Profiles, Flying in Europe and

From: FITA's Really Useful Sites
Subject: Useful Sites # 85 about Portugal, Country Profiles, Flying in Europe and Zoos
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 13:10:10 -0400 (EDT)

To view this newsletter in full-color:
http://www.fita.org/useful/useful.html

Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals Issue 85 Volume 4
Number 11
May 26, 2004
Issue 85
VOLUME 4 Number 11

 IN THIS ISSUE
PORTUGAL -- OUR FEATURED COUNTRY SITE
MCKINSEY GLOBAL INSTITUTE
EUROPE BY AIR
ZOOS WORLDWIDE

Hello International Traders!
In this issue I have an information-rich site about Portugal that will help you
research this promising European market. Also, I found a site that has detailed
country profiles prepared by the experts at McKinsey & Company. And if you're
traveling to Europe soon, check out the site I found that has discount air
fares. Finally, if you like zoos, I have a site that has reviews and other
information for zoos all over the world.
If you'd like more information about international trade, go to FITA's
International Trade/ Import-Export Portal <http://fita.org> ( http://fita.org
), an excellent source for trade leads, news, events, and a link library of
7,000 sites related to international trade.

PORTUGAL -- OUR FEATURED COUNTRY SITE
http://www.portugalinbusiness.com

Portugal has always been a trading nation. In the 15th century its ships ranged
as far as India, China, and Japan in search of trade goods. Today, Portugal has
liberalized its trade policies as a member of the European Union, and it's a
ripe market for many types of goods and services.

You'll find lots of good information about Portugal at Icep Portugal
<http://www.portugalinbusiness.com/> ( http://www.portugalinbusiness.com ).
This Portuguese government site has all the information you'll need to get
started with your research. There are links to news, travel information, a
directory of Portuguese companies, articles about Portuguese industries, an
investing guide, trade leads, passport and visa requirements, and much more.

There are more useful links to Portugal at the FITA site. Simply go to
http://www.fita.org/webindex/countries.htm
<http://www.fita.org/webindex/countries.html>l, then go to Europe and click on
Portugal. Or, you can type "Portugal" in the search box at
<http://www.fita.org>.

MCKINSEY GLOBAL INSTITUTE
http://www.mckinsey.com/knowledge/mgi

McKinsey & Company is one of the most respected consulting firms in the world,
so when I found out they have a site where you can download country profiles
written by their business experts, I was eager to check it out. McKinsey Global
Institute <http://www.mckinsey.com/knowledge/mgi/> (
http://www.mckinsey.com/knowledge/mgi ) is everything I thought it would be.
The country profiles are up to 200 pages long, and go into great detail about
every facet of each country's economy. -- as an example, the Turkish report has
a forecast for the cement industry in 2015. The reports are free -- all you
need to do is register to read them. Besides the country profiles, there are
reports on topics like multinational company investing in developing economies,
the global capital market, and improving European competitiveness, to name a
few.

THE FITA BUY/SELL EXCHANGE
http://fita.worldbid.com <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz370702>

FITA's business-to-business marketplace
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz370702> at http://fita.worldbid.com
helps your company find more business by delivering tender opportunities, RFQ's
and qualified offers to buy and sell. The FITA Buy/Sell Exchange
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz370702> give you access to a global
network of affiliated trade sites that work together to bring together
businesses across borders.

According to Tom Huynh of AAA Wholesale Distributor, "...Worldbid.com [FITA's
partner powering the Buy Sell Exchange] has given us an opportunity to conduct
our [giftware] business worldwide."

Click here <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz370702> to boost your
trading with the FITA Buy/Sell Exchange, powered by Worldbid.com.

EUROPE BY AIR
http://www.europebyair.com

When we were first married, my wife and I traveled to Europe on a shoestring.
We're a family of six now, so we couldn't do it as cheaply, but when we decide
to go back, I'll definitely use Europebyair.com <http://www.europebyair.com/> (
http://www.europebyair.com ). This nifty site focuses on offering travelers the
best deals in air travel, plus the tools to plan and book every aspect of an
air flight within Europe. Europebyair.com can get you to nearly 150 European
destinations, with hundreds of routes to choose from. You can book your trip
online, and then reserve a hotel room and rent a car. This is one site that
helps you to get the most from your travel budget. And also don't forget the
new bargain airlines in Europe. Ryanair <http://www.ryanair.com>
(http://www.ryanair.com) and EasyJet <http://www.easyjet.com>
(http://www.easyjet.com) offer major European destinations for fares as low as
1 euro!

ZOOS WORLDWIDE
http://www.zoos-worldwide.de

I've always been fascinated by zoos, and it's my dream to visit the world's
best zoos some day, the way people make pilgrimages to baseball parks or
football stadiums. If I ever do that, I'll go to Zoos Worldwide
<http://www.zoos-worldwide.de/> ( http://www.zoos-worldwide.de ) first. This
site has an extensive list of zoos, aquariums, animal sanctuaries and wildlife
parks worldwide. Many of the listings link to Web sites, and you can visit them
to learn more about what the zoo has to offer. Zoos Worldwide also includes zoo
reviews, live zoo cams, an Animal of the Month, plus links to zoo associations,
and sites related to wildlife preservation and conservation.

We welcome our subscribers to publish this whole issue or articles from it. But
please note that all material is copyrighted by FITA and must be copied with
the following attribution:
"This is copied from the newsletter Really Useful Sites for International Trade
Professionals <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz370700>, a free,
bi-weekly email publication of FITA - The Federation of International Trade
Associations. Please feel free to subscribe to this newsletter at
http://fita.org/useful <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz370700>."

If you'd like to see all back issues of Really Useful Sites for International
Trade Professionals, the full list is at http://www.fita.org/useful/archives
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz370701>.

SEARCH BACK ISSUES OF REALLY USEFUL SITES FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE PROFESSIONALS
Use the search box below to search terms in all issues of this newsletter since
February 2001

Please feel free to pass this newsletter on to others.

Enter your email address into this form to subscribe or manage your
subscription:

This newsletter conforms to the requirements of the 'CAN-SPAM Act of 2003' and
was sent to you by the Federation of International Trade Associations, 11800
Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 210, Reston, VA 20191, USA.
If you do not wish to receive ongoing communications via e-mail from FITA,
please click here <mailto:address@hidden>.

Published by Federation of International Trade Associations
Copyright © 2004 Federation of International Trade Associations. All rights
reserved.

 <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz370694>

TELL A FRIEND --
http://fita.m.xtenit.com/friend.jsp?uid=327937&appid=240&j=16094

--------
Modify your preferences or unsubscribe here:

http://fita.m.xtenit.com/al.jsp?vk=fnk4tuVQ&address@hidden&an=240