Re: How to make GNU Guile more successful

From: Erik Edrosa
Subject: Re: How to make GNU Guile more successful
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 22:29:22 -0500

On 03/05/2017 06:57 AM, Jan Wedekind wrote:
> According to Alan Kay's research, the future might be a lot of domain
> specific mini languages. I.e. languages tomorrow are going to be like
> libraries today. Guile supports custom languages which makes it future
> proof at least to some extent.

I think I can see how domain specific mini languages might be the
future. You can look at what has happened in web development to see this
explosion of JavaScript transpilers, hoping to either extend or provide
new ways to design web applications.

> Myself, I am using Scheme because of it's unique metaprogramming
> facilities (Scheme macros) and GNU Guile because it has
> multiple-dispatch object oriented programming (unlike Racket). Also
> Guild's native interface with the Boehm Garbage Collector is quite easy
> to use.
>

> --
> Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Mobiltelefon mit K-9 Mail
> gesendet.

I started using GNU Guile after reading about rms, emacs, and GNU Guile
where GNU Guile would be used as a similar way to extend software. Then
I fell in love with scheme.