Re: The status of JIT compiler of Guile

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: The status of JIT compiler of Guile
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 15:27:14 +0100

On Thu 09 Mar 2017 07:59, Nala Ginrut <address@hidden> writes:

> I've discussed with @Ludo, I think it's better to integrate it as a
> plugin, and could be maintained separately.
> It is possible to have some hooks in Guile VM to enable certain
> optimizing, but I don't think we have it now, right?

This sounds like a great plan :) For me, in an ideal world, Guile-TJIT
would be a thing you just use if you need it, and "using it" is just
really positive then we can look at integrating it more.  Of course it
might not be possible to add TJIT support in this decoupled way -- we
will see :)

Cheers,

Andy