Re: Summer of Code Recap

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: Summer of Code Recap
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 17:50:10 +0200

Christopher Lemmer Webber <cwebber@dustycloud.org> writes:

> Anyway, is there support from the maintainers from getting this merged
> if I can get things working again?  I'd really like to see this effort
> not go to waste... I'd even like to write a few demos using it.

I’m no maintainer, but I would love having the js backend merged! I
tried biwascheme to write Scheme on the web[1] but found it lacking (it
combines the gotchas from javascript (no hygiene) with the gotchas from
transpiling), and I would love to have a canonical source of Guile-code
for Javascript-tools on my website and for small games.

Best wishes,
Arne

[1]: This pseudo-random language-assignment generator is written in biwascheme:
     https://www.draketo.de/software/vorlesung-netztechnik#nummer-zu-sprache
     https://www.draketo.de/software/matrikellanguage.scm
     <script src="biwascheme.js">
       (load "matrikellanguage.scm")
       (let loop ()
           (wait-for "#matrikelnummer" "input")
           (set-content! "#result" (matrikel->pair (get-content
"#matrikelnummer")))
           (console-log "ok.")
           (loop))
     </script>