guix-devel

hydra.gnu.org back to life

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: hydra.gnu.org back to life
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 18:03:30 +0200

Hello!

The non-responsiveness feedback in the substituter [0] had been
triggering a bug in our Hydra installation at http://hydra.gnu.org
whereby the server would enter an endless loop and effectively become
unreachable, to the point that hydra.gnu.org was hardly usable for
substitution.

Since it was using old package versions (Perl & co.), the best idea
seemed to upgrade the whole thing, and Nikita volunteered to do that.

Now the Hydra server is back to life, and the bug appears to be gone.
I just upgraded my profile, which contains 65 packages, and it
downloaded everything from Hydra (which is a lot) without a glitch.

So please, do try it and report back!

Thanks again to Nikita for all the work.

Ludo’.

[0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guix/2013-06/msg00122.html