guix-devel

Re: Emacs interface for Guix

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Emacs interface for Guix
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 11:16:43 +0200

Alex Kost <address@hidden> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès (2014-07-16 18:18 +0400) wrote:

[...]

>> That’s because it’s rebuilding most of the modules, AFAICS.  Perhaps
>> ‘geiser-guile-load-path’ needs to be augmented to avoid that?
>
> Do you mean some guix directories should be added to that var?

Yes.

> But how to know the paths before starting guile?  Can't the default
> paths be changed during "./conigure"-ing?

Right.

Actually I think eventually (i.e., soon ;-)) we should add guix.el to
the Guix repo.  Among other things, that means that the Scheme code for
guix.el can be easily kept in sync with the (guix ...) API, which is
more difficult otherwise.

Once guix.el is in the repo, we can use substitutions as for
guix/config.scm to get the right directory names.

In addition, note that ‘guix pull’ populates ~/.config/guix/latest, so
this should come first in the search path (see scripts/guix.in on how it
fiddles with search path.)

WDYT?

Thanks,
Ludo’.