guix-devel

Re: guix.el: Key bindings for a "package list"

From: Taylan Ulrich Bayirli/Kammer
Subject: Re: guix.el: Key bindings for a "package list"
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 11:11:18 +0200

Alex Kost <address@hidden> writes:

> I would like to know people's opinions about default key bindings.

Might be nice to be consistent with the package-menu-mode (M-x
list-packages) interface:

U               package-menu-mark-upgrades
d               package-menu-mark-delete
i               package-menu-mark-install
u               package-menu-mark-unmark
x               package-menu-execute
~               package-menu-mark-obsolete-for-deletion
DEL             package-menu-backup-unmark

It's noteworthy that there is no command to mark a single package for
upgrading.  (And no, simply installing the new version doesn't seem to
delete the old.)  Perhaps C-u U could mark a single package for upgrade.

By the way, I remember finding that interface to be frustrating, but I
don't remember the exact reasons right now.  It might in fact be related
to there not being a command to mark a single package for upgrade.
Perhaps we could make U mark a single package and C-u U all, as a single
point of divergence from package menu mode.

One more thought: if package-menu-mode is sufficiently generalized,
guix.el could just use that.

Taylan