guix-devel

Re: [Patch] address@hidden

From: Ben Woodcroft
Subject: Re: [Patch] address@hidden
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 22:41:03 +1000

On 06/06/16 07:54, Matthew Jordan wrote:
In general, Guix handles this just fine. But somebody has to maintain
all those versions ;) We often suggest that if one user needs some old
version of a package, they maintain the package privately. For example,
using $GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH.
Ah okay, that makes sense. Does this also also apply to compilers and
runtime environments? As I have two pachtes for the current versions of
node (JavaScript runtime), one is the reccomended version and the other
represents the latest stable version.

There are some examples of multiple versions being included in Guix e.g. Ruby itself, GCC, etc, and we do tend to more commonly keep multiple versions of compilers and runtime environments.

Although I have not submitted them yet.

Good luck. there are others working on node you may be able to coordinate with.

Thanks,
ben