guix-devel

Re: [WIP 0/8] GNOME Maps

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: [WIP 0/8] GNOME Maps
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 13:20:09 -0400

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 02:25:15PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Leo Famulari <address@hidden> skribis:
> > I found it only works from within GNOME. In i3, it fails like this:
> > http://paste.lisp.org/display/318375
>
> Which of these warnings show up when running it on GNOME?  It’s hard to
> tell which one is critical.

I learned the argument --g-fatal-warnings:

---
$ ./pre-inst-env guix environment --ad-hoc gnome-maps -- gnome-maps
--g-fatal-warnings
(org.gnome.Maps:8568): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: Settings schema
'org.gnome.desktop.interface' is not installed
---

Apparently that's the first level of the problem. If I add
gsettings-desktop-schemas as an input, gnome-maps then fails when it
doesn't find libgweather. Adding that, it fails with these warnings
(wrapped):

---
GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend.  Your settings
will not be saved or shared with other applications.

(org.gnome.Maps:8723): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error:
application.css:13:33: The style property GtkWidget:focus-line-width is
deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future
version
---

And, it also hangs while opening on GNOME with those packages added.

> > * gnu/packages/maps.scm: New file.
> > * gnu-system.am (GNU_SYSTEM_MODULES): Add it.
>
> Please add it to gnu/local.mk.

Right :p

I also decided to call the module (gnu packages geo), since that is more
general.

Applied as 03c1662e3!