guix-devel

emacs: emacs -f notmuch in a torified shell segfaults, emacs alone does

From: ng0
Subject: emacs: emacs -f notmuch in a torified shell segfaults, emacs alone doesn't.
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2016 23:13:28 +0000

This (my.notmuch) used to work for a long time and broke today:

address@hidden ~$ my.notmuch
Tor mode activated. Every command will be torified for this shell.
Segmentation fault
Tor mode deactivated. Command will NOT go through Tor anymore.

This is the same as:

address@hidden ~$ . torsocks on
Tor mode activated. Every command will be torified for this shell.
address@hidden ~$ emacs -f notmuch
Segmentation fault
address@hidden ~$ . torsocks off
bash: echo: write error: Broken pipe
Tor mode deactivated. Command will NOT go through Tor anymore.

torsocks version 2.2.0-rc1. I can do the same for powwow and other
applications and don't run into problems, only emacs with some -f like
notmuch segfaults. I can even run torify emacs and it works.

Can Someone reproduce this? I can send useful outputs and more in the
morning.
--
♥Ⓐ  ng0
Current Keys: https://we.make.ritual.n0.is/ng0.txt