guix-devel

Re: core-updates merged!

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: core-updates merged!
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 18:14:47 -0400

On Wed, Aug 03, 2016 at 11:27:28PM +0200, Andreas Enge wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 03, 2016 at 05:01:29PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> > Do you mean `git checkout core-updates-next && git merge master`? That's
> > what I've done.
>
> Another option would be the following:
> git checkout master
> git checkout -b core-updates
> git cherry-pick "commit 1 from core-updates-next"
> git cherry-pick "commit 2 from core-updates-next"
>
> If there are only a dozen commits in core-updates-next, this could be
> feasible, with the danger of forgetting some.

I'm not sure if this is the right way to check, but

$ git log --oneline master..core-updates-next | wc -l
161

Does anyone else want to test this? I just tried to copy the master
branch and push it as TEMP-signature-test, and it was rejected by
Savannah. Although, I didn't get any detail from Savannah about why it
was rejected, which I did get when I tried to do it with
core-updates-next earlier. So perhaps there is some other issue now...