guix-devel

Re: [PACKAGE] musl libc

From: Vincent Legoll
Subject: Re: [PACKAGE] musl libc
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 11:44:54 +0200

On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 11:32 AM, Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

>>> With gcc 6 the wrapper isn't necessary anymore. You can disable it
>>> with "--disable-gcc-wrapper". Other configure-flags that we probably
>>> want are "--enable-shared" "--enable-static".
>>
>> Thank you for the hint.  I’ll add “--disable-gcc-wrapper” and push to
>> master.  We can add other configure flags once it becomes apparent that
>> they are needed.

Thank you

> One more thing: I also updated the license.  Musl is released under
> Expat.  Pushed to master as ce728f70e5ef8783a28652e382c2c9f61c7b4c06.

Official site pages:

http://www.etalabs.net/compare_libcs.html
http://www.musl-libc.org/intro.html

both says MIT, as does :

$ head -1 COPYRIGHT
musl as a whole is licensed under the following standard MIT license:

$ grep -ri expat *

So where do you found this expat license reference ?
I'm curious, as it looks like I wouldn't have been able to found that myself...

--
Vincent Legoll