guix-devel

Re: Specifying Java version when using ant-build-system

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Specifying Java version when using ant-build-system
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 16:42:01 +0200

Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> how can I specify that I need a Java 1.8 compiler and source level when using
> ant-build-system?

The build system adds these inputs by default:

         (build-inputs `(("jdk" ,jdk "jdk")
                         ("ant" ,ant)
                         ("zip" ,zip)
                         ,@native-inputs))

You should be able to override each of these by specifying them as a
keyword argument, e.g.

    (arguments
     `(#:jdk ,some-other-jdk
       #:zip ,some-other-zip))

> Also, guix/build-system/ant.scm says:
>
> (define* (ant-build store name inputs
>                     #:key
>                     (tests? #t)
>                     (test-target "tests")
>                     (configure-flags ''())
>                     (make-flags ''())
>                     (build-target "jar")
>                     (jar-name #f)
>                     (phases '(@ (guix build ant-build-system)
>                                 %standard-phases))
>                     (outputs '("out"))
>                     (search-paths '())
>                     (system (%current-system))
>                     (guile #f)p
>                               ^^^ what does this mean?

Ouch!  This shouldn’t have been committed.  This is what happened pretty
often with my terrible keyboard at work — my control key (among many
other keys) wasn’t very reliable and would sometimes stop working while
I moved around in the sources in Emacs (where Ctrl+p moves up one
line).

I’m surprised this doesn’t lead to an error.

~~ Ricardo